- The Zero Outage Industry Standard Association’s vision is to help maximize customer satisfaction and value by providing a framework of best practices and standards to enable the delivery of secure, reliable, and highly available end-to-end IT services and solutions.
- As technologies become an increasingly complex and critical part our world and the pressure on minimizing outages increases, companies must adopt a holistic approach to improve quality and minimize outages throughout their organization and including their partners and their customers.
- To help achieve this, the Zero Outage Industry Standard leverages existing industry standards (e.g., ITIL, IT4IT) and provides additional best practices, frameworks, and standards around Processes, Security, Platform, and People.
- The goal is to offer a certification for people and enterprises. It will be done in phases starting with a self-assessment, then a multiple-choice test and finishing with onsite audits.
Levels of certification and benefits
The Association plans to offer different levels of assessment and certification
- The Association plans to offer different levels of assessment and certification.
- The self-assessment will help evaluate against a basic level of understanding and compliance with the Zero Outage standards and best practices. It is free of charge, and will begin in May 2018 with the people self-assessment (enterprise self-assessment to follow Q4 2018)
- Multiple choice test is another certification level that will be offered. It allows individuals to check their knowledge and receive a formal certification
- After the successful roll-out of the multiple choice test, we will prepare the enterprise certification based on onsite audits.
Assessments and certification will help Individuals and Enterprises
- Improve their understanding of the Zero Outage Industry Standard vision and best practices based on advice from a wide array of industry experts
- Quickly evaluate their skills, systems, and offerings against industry recommendations and identify opportunities for improvement or differentiation
- Apply a practical and comprehensive approach to creating Zero Outage products and services
- Stand out in the market as the expert in delivering highly available Zero Outage solutions and services
- Demonstrate their commitment to quality and best practices
- Identify providers and partners who are committed to Zero Outage